Who says losing weight is a never-ending struggle? Only those who have been following fad diets and wrong kind of weight loss strategies. If you are on the Rati Beauty diet, it’s quite effortless to shed pounds. If you are also struggling to lose weight since a long time now and have given up all the hopes to get in shape, we bring to you the list of 12 tips and tricks that surely will work like a charm and help you shed all those extra pounds. Read on:
1. Identify and Eliminate Obesogens in your Home: Unhealthy eating habits and sedentary lifestyle are largely blamed for weight gain and obesity; however, not many know, but there are “obesogens” all around us, particularly lurking around in our homes, that disrupt endocrine activities, hamper hormonal function (mostly those that regulate weight), and encourage the body to store fat. These obesogens are also chemicals that interfere with the normal functioning of hormones and damage the body’s natural weight-control mechanisms. They also trigger creation of new fat cells as well as increase the storage capacity of existing fat cells. If you haven’t seen any progress in weight loss despite exercising and sticking to dieting routine strictly, blame it all on the inhibiting properties of “obesogens.” The outcome is usually lowered metabolism, thyroid malfunction, insulin resistance, and heightened inflammation – in all cases – where the body starts to store fat and slowly builds up weight, which is difficult to lose even with proper diet and exercise. House dust, phthalates, triclosan are some common obesogens that are lurking around in your home, so make sure your house is free of these obesogens.
2. Make Positive Changes To your Lifestyle: Without making lifestyle changes, weight loss would occur at a slow pace. Swap sedentary lifestyle with an active lifestyle, move more, cut down junk food consumption, quit smoking, etc. Additionally, make these “17 Small Lifestyle Habits That Will Help you with Weight Loss,” and you will be blasting off a ton of calories every week.
3. Order Mindfully While Eating Out: If you must eat out, make better food choices. For example, instead of ordering pasta or pizza, order a salad and soup. Also, try to minimize the number of times you eat out because it becomes extremely difficult to maintain a calorie deficit while eating out.
4. Give up Sugar: Removing sugar from your diet can be a complete game-changer in your life. If you are dreaming about a lighter version of you, then completely give up on added sugar. Read about “14 Ways to Cut Down Sugar For Weight Loss and Health.”
5. Split Workout Throughout the Day: Just one hour of gymming is not enough to keep the fat burning process active in the body. In fact, leading a sedentary lifestyle for the most part of day will slow down the lipase enzyme that is essential to torch up calories. Also, if your body is not capable of doing a full blown hour-long workout at the beginning, break up your workout in 20 minutes slots throughout the day. Do a little dance while watching TV and jog on the spot while doing laundry; just keep fiddling and stay fit!
6. Eat Fiber-Rich Food: Fruits and veggies that contain fiber helps you to curb hunger pangs for long and also supply ample nutrients, vitamins, minerals, and protein that build muscle and nourish the body. In fact, try to fill half of your plate with vegetables and you can get the benefit of loads of nutrients and avoid extra calories from piling up in your body.
8. Find Ways To Boost Metabolism: If there is one way to lose weight at a faster pace, it’s by boosting one’s metabolism. With wrong dietary choices, sedentary lifestyle, increased stress, lack of sleep, metabolism tends to drop down considerably and the body loses its ability to burn extra calories at a steady rate. As a result, a person tends to pile on calories and stores that as fat in the body. Metabolism is the pace at which the human body burns calories for energy. To boost metabolism naturally, exercise regularly, eat healthy, sleep for at least 7 hours each night, find ways to de-stress, drink adequate water, and eat these “25 Vegetarian Metabolism Boosting Foods For Weight Loss.”
9. Clean out your fridge and pantry and get rid of all the food items which cause cravings in the first place. If you won’t have junk food within reach, you will be forced to make better food choices which will be healthier and better for you.
10. Do Practice Portion Control: There is no use of rewarding yourself with a cheat meal every now and then if you are going to load up thousands on calories in a go and make all your efforts futile. Instead, help yourself with smaller servings of your favorite dishes and chew it slowly to savor the flavor slowly in your mouth, and practice portion control. Here are “10 Tips to Portion Control Food for Weight Loss.”
11. Drink a lot of water and pack your own snacks: Drinking water throughout the day will keep you feeling fuller and you will feel the lesser need to snack in between the meals. However, if you must snack, carry some healthy snack options with you like homemade poha or a medium sized apple to munch on while on the go.
12. Sleep Like a Baby: Sleep deprivation can lower metabolism, increasing cravings for unhealthy food, and also increase stress hormone. In fact, sleeping for lesser than 7 hours, makes your metabolism slump to its lowest and that will lower the pace at which body burns fat. Get a minimum of 7 hours each night to lose weight successfully.
Apart from these, relax, sleep well, and find hobbies that would lower stress. Most of us turn to high-calorie, high-sodium, sugary delights when we are stressed out. Chronic stress, just like sleep deprivation, act as major roadblocks in a person’s weight loss journey. So, relax and find ways to take your mind off stress.